Becoming a Member
Becoming a member of the New York Women’s Culinary Alliance means being a part of a valued network of food professionals in the New York City area. Membership means networking with fellow female professionals; learning from other members and sharing your unique expertise; advancing your career or taking it in a new direction; contributing to the community at large; and having some fun while you’re at it!
The core of membership is the opportunity to participate in educational programs covering everything from tastings and explorations of different cuisines (think olive oil, artisan beer, and tea tastings, foraging in Central Park, and hands-on classes on making tamales, macarons, Indian food, and more!), to business and network seminars, to talks with notable culinary writers and experts. In addition, there are our popular potlucks, Dine-Arounds so you can explore restaurant scene, Book Club meetings in members’ homes, and Happy Hours in the City’s numerous watering holes. Membership also offers many great discounts on industry services, culinary equipment, and at specialty retailers.
Membership in the NYWCA requires active involvement, which guarantees great rewards and a healthy return on your investment. You can apply for membership during our annual enrollment period each year in April and May.
- Applicant must work full-time in the food or wine industry for a minimum average of 30 hours/week.
- Applicant must work or reside in the metro New York City area.
Applying for Membership
- Annual open enrollment begins in the spring and new members are inducted each summer.
- The online application is available in mid-April and should be submitted online by the application deadline, May 25, 2016.
- Completed applications must also include the following: 1) A current resume; and 2) Three letters of recommendation from professionals in the food or beverage field (letters may be, but do not have to be, from NYWCA members, but should be from professional colleagues.)
- Membership dues for the first year are $165.00 a year ($150.00 membership dues plus a one-time $15.00 initiation fee). Any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rejoining Members: You are always welcome back!
- If you are a former member of the NYWCA (i.e., your membership has lapsed for whatever reasons) and would like to join again, we would love to have you back!
- The online application for rejoining members will be available mid-April and should be submitted online by the application deadline, May 25, 2016. Any questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Rejoining Membership dues are $150.00 – there are no additional costs.
Student Membership: Kick-start your career!
- Student applicants must be matriculated full-time in an accredited institution in the NYC area, preparing for Open enrollment begins in the spring and new members are inducted each summer.
- Applications are available online in mid-April, and are to be submitted online by deadline, May 25, 2016. Any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A copy of the student ID or school confirmation letter is to be included with application. It can be scanned and emailed, or mailed.
- Student Membership dues are $65.00
- Student members may renew as transitional members at the same student rate in the year immediately following graduation. RENEWING student members must have attended two programs and volunteered for two programs during their prior membership year .
Interested in joining our group and have more questions? Please email NYWCA at email@example.com.